COCONUT AND TURMERIC RICE WITH QUINOA
Author: Victoria Abraham @victoria_abraham_nutritionist
A simple and delicious healthy alternative to cooking rice.
- 1.5 cups of quinoa
- 1.5 cups of basmati rice
- 2 teaspoons of organic turmeric powder
- 4 teaspoons of Jimalie virgin coconut oil
- 2 pinches of cracked black pepper
1. Wash rice and quinoa and drain water
2. Put rice/quinoa in rice cooker with 3.5 cups of water
3. Add turmeric powder, Jimalie virgin coconut oil and cracked pepper into the water.
4. Cook rice as per normal
5. Once finished cooking, stir rice and let it rest for 10 minutes.